Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 6: Southbound!


We started the day in St. Louis and visited the Arch.


Here we are waiting in front of our door to get into the tram.


Teeny tiny pod only fits 5 people.


Here are some pictures of St Louis from the top!


From the other side you can see the poopy brown Mississippi River.




Here we are at the viewing area at the top of the arch.


I look pretty dazed and weird in this picture as I look out the window.



Fortunately, I never look as strange as this boy.


I forced him to take a normal picture.


A view straight down the arch.


A couple of classic touristy pictures of us and the arch.



We then left St. Louis and headed for Memphis, TN. We had delicious fried chicken and fried green tomatoes at Gus's.





It seems like all we do is eat and go to national parks.


There was a pretty sunset over the Mississippi as we drove home.


7 comments:

  1. I had much delightful catching up to do after being away in upstate New York sans computer. Upon returning, I was immediately alerted by Philip that you two hand encountered a homicidal elk! Lions and tigers and elks, oh my!


    Yes, the world is flat, as I can attest from growing up in Illinois. Did you see much corn growing in the plains? I picked a lot as a child.

    Have been to the Arch twice--once with my mother and once with Olivia. I was very impressed with it each time. Did it sway at all once you were at the top? It did on my first visit, a very windy day.

    I hope you two do see Graceland, hear some blues, and eat some barbecue in Memphis.

    I don't want your trip to end. I'm enjoying your blog far too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup me and mommy sat in those pea pods and she befriended our fellow pea poders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking many touristy pictures and having good food to eat- thanks for keeping Sun family's good tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom told me you had arrived at New Orlean. So soon so sad, good time are so short. Good time never back so good. No, your good time are beginning and going to last for a very long time. New area, new beginning, just so many exciting things are going to happen to you two. Visiting a small town, eating at White Tower, those little things are just as memorable. Dad wishes you have a happiest life. Remember we are always here whenever you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after daddy's epic speech i have nothing of worth to say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be a repeat, as I thought I had posted a comment. But it mysteriously didn't show up. Forgive any repetition. I wrote a few heartfelt words along this line:

    Din is the real writer among all of your faithful followers. Reading his spot-on "speech," I was struck by the fact that all four of your parents had traveled to faraway places to pursue new beginnings. So we all know firsthand of their excitement and potential. All four of us also are ready with infinite support whenever it might be needed.

    Welcome to New Orleans, Stacy and Daniel.

    ReplyDelete